Monday, January 31, 2011

3 personal wishes

My first personal wish is to spend at least a year or two abroad working in Germany. I have lived in Italy and I loved it but I have a yearning to live in Germany. I speak the language and was fortunate enough to visit the country last year during my study abroad travels. I love the efficientness of the country, they get everything done on time and on time. I also love the people, their culture, and the beautiful land. I am in the process of trying to find a job there but it is more stressful than I anticipated.

My second goal is to obtain my D.M.L. from Middlebury College. A D.M.L. is a doctorate of Modern Languages...It is similar to a Phd. except you specialize in two foreign languages which works perfectly for me because I am double majoring in Italian and German. I studied at Middlebury one summer and fell in love with the school and the state of Vermont.

My third goal is a life goal: I would like to get married and have my own family. It sounds corny but admist getting a Phd and trying to establish a career, I would like to have a family to bring me back to center. And if my job takes me abroad, I would like to be able to live internationally with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment