Monday, January 31, 2011

Three Personal Wishes

As opposed to just posting my mundane wishes, I am imagining life in a perfect world.

My first wish would be to increase the amount of hours in the day. This semester especially, I have found that there is often not enough time to do everything that I need/want to do. While this has certainly made me more productive and has forced me to become more organized, I still feel a little swamped. So in a perfect world, the day would be longer and I would be able to do everything that needed to get done (schoolwork, fraternity responsibilities as the new pledge master, keeping up to date on mundane day-to-day tasks, being able to attend my water polo games/practices, etc.)

My second wish would be to be able to take a year off and tour Europe. I have already been to Italy, Spain, Ireland and stayed a brief stint in Germany (however, I didn't really get to explore as much as I would have liked.) I studied Spanish in both high school and at Villanova but think that by living abroad for a long enough time I could really become fluent, which would be fantastic.

My third wish would be to live at our family summer home in Michigan for an entire summer. While this isn't a realistic option, I have been going there since I was 3 months old and it has become my favorite place in the world. A summer spent fishing, boating, swimming and just enjoying the good life would be a summer well spent in my approximation. Luckily, the summer job I have lined up will give me a little more flexibility in my schedule so I will be able to travel there during the summer of 2011 more often than in the past few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment